Smoky Two-Bean Vegetarian Chili | Low calorie vegan recipes
BY ANN TAYLOR PITTMAN
Hand on Time:15 mins
TOTAL TIME: 28 mins
YIELD :Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 1/2 mugs)
A wee little bit of canned chipotle chiles runs quite a distance in infusing this hearty chili with rich, smoky flavour and a hint of high temperature. (Cost for 4: $4.69)
- 1 tablespoon essential olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely cut (about 1 cup)
- 1 small renewable bell pepper, sliced (about 1 glass)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons finely sliced chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dark-colored pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans unsalted dark beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted pinto coffee beans, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted petite diced tomatoes, undrained
How to Make It
- Warmth a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Add garlic clove, onion, and bell pepper; saut? 4 minutes.
- Add cumin; saut? 30 mere seconds.
- Mix in 1 cup water and staying ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce warmth, and simmer five minutes.
- Remove 1 glass bean blend from pan with a slotted spoon; put in place a dish. Mash coffee beans with a fork.
- Stir mashed beans into chili. Simmer five minutes.
- Three ways to Riff: – Add floor turkey or ground beef for a meaty version; make it with the vegetables. – Use any type of bean: kidney beans, chickpeas (garbanzo coffee beans), or red beans. – Swap in 1 can of hominy or 1 glass frozen corn instead of 1 can of coffee beans.