Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Roasted Pepper and Black Olive Sauce | Easy Recipes:
Total Time:1 hr
- 2 (2 to 2 1/2 pound) center-cut pieces beef tenderloin ask the butcher to give you 2 pieces for use in a Chateaubriand recipe
- Grill seasoning
- Extra virgin olive oil, for coating roasts, plus 3 tablespoons for sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, popped from skin
- 5 whole roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped, well drained and pat dry
- Handful flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup good quality pitted black olives, from bulk bins, such as kalamata, drained well
- Crusty bread, sliced
- Preheat oven as high as it goes to 500 degrees F.
- Properly coat the meat with grill seasoning and extra virgin olive oil. Place the meat on a roasting rack or in a roasting pan and place in the oven. Add a splash of water to the pan , If you are cooking in a pan with no rack. Roast the meat 11 minutes on high then lessen the heat to 350 degrees F and cook 30 minutes more. Do not open oven during those first 11 minutes.Now Remove meat from oven and before serving let rest 10 minutes.
- Place roasted peppers in food processor and parsley, add garlic, olives, salt and pepper. Spin the processor on and pour in extra virgin olive oil, about 3 tbspoon.
- Thinly slice meat against grain and serve with sauce and crusty bread.