Enjoy these Chili Recipe!
Chili Con Carne | Chili Recipe:
Chili Recipe is the classic which is always goes down well, the perfect meal for entertaining, get your mates round and give it a go. All about Chili Recipe.
Total Time:2 hr 20 min
Yield:6 to 8 servings
Ingredients of Chili Recipe:
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 12 -ounce bottle amber beer
- 1 28 -ounce can whole plum tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium beef broth, plus more if needed
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 15 -ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sliced scallions and/or sour cream, for topping (optional)
Directions of Chili Recipe:
- Cook the bacon in a large pan or Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel lined plate and let chilly, then disintegrate and set aside. Stream off all but 1 tbs of the bacon drops from the saucepan (reserve the drippings). Increase the heat from medium to high, add the cook and beef, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate from slotted spoon, wipe out the saucepan.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the reserved bacon drippings in the pan over high medium heat. Now add the bell pepper and onion and cook, until soft, stirring, about 5 minutes. Join one teaspoon salt and garlic and then cook 2 minutes. Join the chili powder, paprika, cumin, tomato paste , oregano and cook, stirring, until the tomato paste is block red, about 5 minutes (if the mixture begins to stick then add a splash of water). Add the beer and simmer until almost completely reduced, about 4 minutes.
- Blend in the beef and any juices from the plate; add the tomatoes, cocoa powder, beans , beef broth and and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook, stirring sometimes, until the chili thickens slightly, about the 1 hourand 30 minutes.
- Mix the hot sauce into the chili and season with the salt. if the chili is too thick then Add some beef broth . Ladle into bowls and top with the crumbled bacon, scallions , cheese, and/or sour cream.
FOR MORE chili recipe scroll down to see!!
One-Hour Texas Chili by ALEX WITCHEL
TIME:1 hour 40 minutes
One-Hour Texas Chili can be used for Frito pie. You top either a small open bag of Fritos, or a pile of Fritos on a plate, with this beef chili, grated Cheddar cheese and chopped onions. When served on a plate, some people call it a Straw Hat. All about Chili Recipe.
- 6 dried ancho chiles, stems and seeds removed
- 2 dried chipotle chiles, or substitute canned chipotle chiles and forgo soaking them
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or rendered bacon fat
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef chuck, preferably coarsely ground passed through the large holes of a grinder only once
- 4 dried pequin chiles or ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons masa harina, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Grated Cheddar cheese, for garnish
- Diced onions, for garnish
- Pickled jalapeños, sliced, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Fritos, for serving, optional
In a large heavy skillet, heat the dried ancho and chipotle chiles on medium-high heat about a minute on each side. Turn off the heat, cover the chiles with water and soak them until rehydrated, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven or other large pot over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or bacon fat. Add the onions and sauté until they start to brown, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 more seconds. Transfer to a blender.
Form the ground beef into balls the size of marbles. Return the Dutch oven to medium heat, add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or bacon fat and, when it is hot, add the meatballs. Stir occasionally until lightly browned, about 10 minutes, then remove from the heat.
Drain the chiles well, and remove and discard stems and seeds. Add the chiles to the blender. Add the canned chipotles, if using, pequin chiles or cayenne, cumin, oregano, cloves, cinnamon and 1 cup water. Blend until smooth. Add to the Dutch oven with the browned meatballs along with 4 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. It’s important for Chili Recipe.
Adjust salt and pepper to taste. If the chili looks too thin, slowly stir in the masa harina. Add the lime juice, and simmer for 15 minutes more. Serve topped with grated cheese, diced onions, pickled jalapeños and sour cream. Or serve as Frito pie: For each serving, mound 1 cup Fritos in a bowl and top with 1 cup chili, ¼ cup grated cheese, 1 tablespoon diced onions, sliced jalapeños and sour cream.